TMP Ludicrous Statements made by Indian Politicians
India is the seventh largest in the world (in area) and the second most populous country in the world (1/6th of world’s population). It is the largest democratic country in the world, But looking back at the phase when our politicians were trying too hard to lure voters, here are a few ludicrous statement made by politicians in the past:
• Chidambaram – Ex Home Minister:
P.Chidambaram, is an Indian politician affiliated with Indian National congress and also an Ex Home Minister. He made a controversial statement on price rise saying “When you can buy ice cream for Rs 20, why complain about price rise?”
• Om Prakash Chautala, former chief minister of Haryana:
Om Prakash Chautala, who is the former chief minister of Haryana made a bicker statement on rape crime.
“girls should be married at age of 16, so that they have their husbands for sexual needs, and they don’t need to go elsewhere. This way rape will not occur”
• Mamata Banerjee, CM of west Bengal:
Mamata Banerjee, who is CM of West Bengal is considered as icon to every woman citizen in India. She is often referred to as Didi in Bengal. Even she has faced many a controversy by her statements.
“Rape cases are on a rise in the country because men and women interact with each other more freely now.”
• Rahul Gandhi – Vice President of Indian National Congress:
Rahul Gandhi is not well versed with interviews and handling media. He also made a controversial statement saying
“10 out of 7 youth in Punjab are hooked on the drugs.”
Well that’s an arguable statement.
• Ranjith Sinha, head of CBI:
Well, this statement will bombshell to everyone –
“If you can’t prevent rape, enjoy it”
Latest posts by Anvesh Kiran (see all)
- TMP Ludicrous Statements made by Indian Politicians - July 20, 2016
- TMP Twitter Accounts followed in India! - July 13, 2016
- TMP Mobile Games of all time! - July 10, 2016