This Is What Your Sleeping Position Says About Your Personality
Image design: Roop
What does your position say about your personality? It might come as an interesting fact or a shock to you but yes the studies reveal that your sleeping positions does state facts about your personality. The mention of the link between your personality and the sleep position has been cited for years now. The recent surveys on the same carried by British hotel chain Premier Inn and Dr. Chris Idzikowski reveals certain facts that you might not be aware of.
The below mentioned sleep positions and their correlated personality traits according to the surveys are a fun way to gather a more possible insight into our personalities as well as an understanding about the underlying stresses we may be facing.
There are six most popular types of sleeping positions that is majorly adopted by people.
- Foetus: People who curl up in the foetus position are described as being a ‘coconut’ which has a tough outer shell but is softer from the inside. In the same way those adopting this position are considered to be tough from outside but have a sensitive heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. This is the most common sleeping position, adopted by 41% of the 1,000 people who took part in the survey. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.
- The Log: People in this position lie on their side with both arms down by the side. These sleepers are easy going. They are social in nature who like being a part of the ‘in-crowd’, and are often trusting of strangers. However, this leads them to be gullible. The survey states that 15% of participants adopted this position.
- The Yearner: People who sleep on their side with both arms out in front are said to have an open nature but can be suspicious as well as cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it. You might call them rigid but that’s how they deal with their life. According to statistics, 13% of people lie in this category.
- The Soldier:This position entails lying on your back with both arms pinned to your sides. People who sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved. They set themselves and others to high standards. Only 8% of sleeping participants reflected this personality.
- The Free-fall: Lying on your front with your hands around the pillow with your head turned to one side is what the free-fall is all about. Often companionable and brash yet nervy and thin-skinned underneath, free-fallers don’t like criticism or extreme situations. The survey reported 7% of people in this category.
- The Starfish: This includes people who lie on thier back with both arms up around the pillow. These sleepers make good friends because they are always ready to listen to others and offer help when needed. They generally don’t like to be the centre of attention. Well, we definitely need more people to acquire this position as only 5% of starfish were found in the entirety of the survey.
Now that you have read all about the sleeping positions and the reflected personalities, you can now analyze your sleeping posture and find out more about your personality!