Popular things that are not meant to be missed at SGGSCC
This is our swag!!! Popular in SGGSCC are penned down:
Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, DU is located at Pitam Pura, a 2 min walking distance from Netaji Subhash Place. Motto of the college is to behold all human races as one. Students here call themselves as GGSites. Though it is situated out from the campus, still it attracts a huge crowd from all over Delhi. Well renowned for its great infrastructure and faculty. Let’s have a glimpse of this college.
- Sahibzada Ajit Singh Auditorium: The state of an art that is clearly witnessed just as you enter the college premises. A fully air conditioned auditorium. Nearly all the great events are organised here. The area outside it is the most suitable for clicking pictures and selfies.
- Richer’s and the Beggar’s Point: The two popular places at the college are richer’s and the beggar’s point. You are likely to find maximum of the college population at these two places. The second most suitable place for clicking selfies after the outside area of the auditorium. If you want to connect socially, be at these 2 points.
- Holy Place- Gurudwara: The most important place at the college, since you need God’s grace everywhere and every time.
- Canteen and the Cafeteria: A newly built fully air conditioned canteen and a cafeteria that provides you with all the refreshment. Students love spending time in the canteen, chilling and eating.
- Library: A separate 3 storeyed and a fully air conditioned building providing you with a large seating area and innumerable books. The no.1 ranked library in the DU and IPU.
- Photocopy shop wale Bhaiya urf Sunny Bhaiya : A person well renowned in the college. The one who knows each and every detail of every course. His shop is always occupied with the students asking for books, readings and various forms.
- President of the Student’s union- Gagan Singh (Chiyasi) and the Cultural President of Delhi University Student’s Union- Jeevant Singh. The two most popular and the reputed persons in the college. They are always up for everyone. In case of any help, the students can turn up to any of them and their problem is solved.
- Fashion Society: I-vogue has reached an extra ordinary position amongst the best fashion societies to being declared “The best fashion society 2015-16” rated by DU Beat. Won the number of prizes for its theme “DUALITY” emphasizing on the LGBT community.
- Dance Society: Misba Dance Society, the name itself is enough to describe the society. The no.1 dance society of the DU for consecutive 2 years. Rocking the stage and bringing laureals for the college is too mainstream for them.
- Folk Desi- The bhangra Society of this college can set whole crowd on fire. The beats and the steps of their bhangra are just breath-taking. It becomes difficult to control one’s feet.
- The annual college fest – Eminence: It is one of the best annual fest of the DU, attracting huge crowd since always. Popular singers like Jassi Sidhu, Preet Harpal, Guru Randhawa, Dilpreet Dhillon, Mankirat Aulakh, Ammy Virk and the famous bands such as the Nasha band and the Gurnazar Band gracing the occasion.
Let us know in the comments below..your favorite memories in SGGSCC!!!
Latest posts by Guneet (see all)
- Popular things that are not meant to be missed at SGGSCC - July 13, 2016